The class action
Levitt Robinson has brought a class action in the Federal Court of Australia against Westpac Bank on behalf of former Storm Financial clients who had mortgages with Westpac. The lead applicants are John and Glenda Lee.
The claim alleges that Westpac breached its contracts with the Storm clients, that it engaged in “unconscionable conduct”, and that it is liable as a “linked credit provider” of Storm for misrepresentations and breaches of contracts by Storm.
If you were a Storm client and you had a mortgage from Westpac, contact us to see if you are eligible to register for the class action.
Key documents available for download
The following documents are available for download:
- Notice to Group Members (opt out notice)
- Further Amended Originating Application
- Further Amended Statement of Claim
- Defence to Further Amended Statement of Claim
- Judgment of Justice Dowsett in Lee v Westpac Banking Corporation  FCA 467
- Judgment of Justice Dowsett in Lee v Westpac Banking Corporation (No 2)  FCA 901