B.A. (Macq); LL.B (UTS)
Qualifications & Background
- Admitted as a Solicitor, 1996.
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) (Macq.) 1990.
- Bachelor of Laws (L.L.B.) (UTS) 1995.
Expertise & Experience
- Journalist at The Australian and The Sunday Telegraph.
- Insolvency litigator in Hong Kong, acting on the collapse of the Bank of Credit and Commerce International (Hong Kong).
- Public Liability Claims Manager and then Assistant Claims Manager, Capita Insurance Services, managing the HIH Casualty and General Insurance Limited (In Liquidation and subject to Schemes of Arrangement) run-off claims.
Louise heads up Levitt Robinson’s Family Law Division which is considered one of the leading family law practices in Sydney.
As a result of her extensive international commercial litigation experience, Louise brings to family property disputes an understanding and a strategic mind-set which sets her apart from other family lawyers and results in swift and as painless as possible resolutions to property proceedings from an asset pool involving only the principle place of residence to complex company structures involving multi-million multi-jurisdictional businesses.
Louise has a particular interest and ability to unravel and locate hidden assets belonging to a property pool for the purpose of property proceedings.
Louise also has extensive experience in parenting matters and this year has applied to undertake training as an Independent Children’s Lawyer (“ICL”) training which we believe will see her become one of the leading parenting lawyers in Sydney.
Family Law unfortunately and often involves domestic violence. Louise has extensive experience in acting for applicants and defendants in domestic violence proceedings. She is also currently working on a domestic violence prevention program with one of Sydney’s leading universities.