Dip. Law (S.A.B)
Qualifications & Background
- Member of the NSW Law Society Dispute Resolution Committee, 2015
- NSW Law Society Legal Practice Management Certificate (FMRC), 2000
- Dip. Law (S.A.B), 1994
- Admitted as a Solicitor, 1994.
Expertise & Experience
Stephanie is known for her wisdom, maturity and professional skill in her litigation practice.
She has experience across the gamut of legal matters, and has played a key role in managing the class action lawsuits against CBA and Macquarie Bank arising from the Storm Financial collapse; in representing a “celebrity criminal”; and in her effective conduct of the defence of a prominent psychiatrist before the NSW Medical Tribunal and in the NSW Supreme Court of Appeal- to mention just a few of her signal achievements.
Stephanie acted for the winning side in Lucire –v- Parmegiani et Anor  NSWCA 86, delivered 20 April, 2012 by the NSW Supreme Court of Appeal. Until that landmark decision, informants and “whistleblowers” to the Health Care Complaints Commission had believed that they were immune from liability for defamation in all events.
Stephanie has had the carriage of several important reported cases, including:
- Fabsert Pty Ltd v ABB Warehousing (NSW) Pty Ltd  FMCA 1198
- Strang Aniokaka Limited v Lihir Gold Limited (No 2)  FCA 1065
- Nikolaidis v Camden Retail Pty Ltd  NSWSC 977
- Lucire v Health Care Complaints Commission  NSWCA 99
- Lucire v Parmegiani & Anor  NSWCA 86
- Erutuf Pty Limited -v- Westpac Banking Corporation Limited  NSWSC 1679
- Sherwood v Commonwealth Bank of Australia (No 5)  FCA 688